• Regular popcorn can be sold at $2.25/serving with a profit of $1.89, while caramel corn can be sold at $5.75/serving with a profit of $3.03.Now that we have your attention, here’s what you’ll need.
Selling Gourmet Popcorn
Start with some basic popcorn supplies, all of which you can get from Gold Medal Products: popped popcorn, a caramel corn mixing machine, caramel corn mix (and appropriate amounts of oil, butter, sugar, and/or water, depending on the type of mix), a kernel separation aid, popcorn scoops, a cooling rack, and some popcorn bags/containers in which to serve the caramel corn. If you’re nostalgic and just love making caramel popcorn the old-fashioned way, you can use a wood mixing paddle.
It’s always a good idea to have some marketing materials to advertise your popcorn stand’s variety as well, so consider using caramel corn posters to help you market your products.
Making and selling cheese popcorn is similar: You’ll need popped popcorn, cheese mix, and a cheese popcorn machine or mixing bowl to mix the solution with your popcorn, along with a scoop and containers/bags.
Give us a call if you have any questions about selling Gold Medal popcorn, using your popcorn machine, or understanding which supplies you need. We offer all of the items you need to produce, serve, and market your caramel corn and cheese corn:
• Caramel corn machines and cheese corn mixers, in a variety of sizes and styles
• Accessories such as cooling racks, popcorn scoops, and mixing paddles
• High-quality product mixes, containers, and merchandisers
• For caramel corn, we even offer pre-packaged product and all-in-one merchandising wagons!
To learn more about how to boost your concession business profits, visit the resource section of our website.